Asian Young Fluid Mechanics Scientist Award Regulation
by Asian Fluid Mechanics Committee, 2006
1. Aim: The Asian Young Fluid Mechanics Scientist Award recognizes outstanding contributions to Fluid mechanics Science and technology by young scientists in Asian countries. The purpose of the award is to promote Fluid Mechanics research by young scientists in Asia.
2. Candidacy: Any Asian Fluid Mechanics scientist who satisfies the following conditions is eligible to be nominated, except members of the Award Committee. The nominee must be 40 years old or younger on the nomination deadline announced by the Award Subcommittee. The nominee should be born in Asia and his/her considerable part of education and professional career should be in Asia. The nominee must have been working in Asian countries most of his time for the last 5 years and currently serve in an Asian Institution..
3.Nomination: Recommendation should be made by fluid mechanics experts, who are very well known about the candidate's work and impact.Nominator should fill in a nomination form accompanied by the following documents:
1) Three letters of recommendation highlighting the candidate¨s contributions to Fluid Mechanics science and technology.
2) Copied nominee¨s identification card/ passport and curriculum vitae, which may confirm the candidate's eligibility.
3) List of publications, invited presentations, patents and three significant published papers.
All the above supporting documents must be received electronically no later than the nomination deadline to the Award Subcommittee:
4. Review process:
1) Preview: No more than two candidates from China, Japan, India and three sub-regions of other Asian countries, respectively. The materials of no more than 12 candidates and the name-list of the total nominees are transferred to the Award Committee Members for comments and finalization.
2) Comments: Enough time should be left for Award committee members to make comments on the candidates and exchange ideas prior to the vote.
3) Vote: The Award winner is decided by vote among the Award Committee members.
5. Sponsorship: The award is jointly sponsored by TSI Inc.and the Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics (ACFM).
6. Organization: The Award committee have 13-15 members including present and previous chairman and vice-chairmen, honorary members and AFMC member, whose country ever sponsored and will sponsor ACFM.A subcommittee is organized to deal with routine affairs.
7. Award: The award entitled the name of Zhou-Sato-Narasimha consists of a cash prize (US$ 1,000 and a plaque) will be presented to the recipient at the ACFM. In the meantime, the Award winner is invited to deliver a special presentation on the occasion.
8. About Regulation: The present regulations take effect since publication. It is subjected to revision between two ACFM if necessary.
Item 2: The Award is set up especially for Asian young scientists. However, the person, who received degree in the western country are acceptable. The deadline of the present award is July 31, 2007. Then, the candidate must be born later than July 31, 1967. What we emphasize on is the candidate does contribute to the Asian country.
Item 4: Subcommittee members are responsible for selecting other candidates in three sub-region countries: Middle-East and South Asia, Malaysia peninsula, other Asian countries and regions. Full discussion between the Award Committee members prior to the vote may facilitate to come to agreement.
Item.6: Present award committee members are: Li JC (China), Viswanath PR(India), Fukunishi Y (Japan), Sung JH(Korea), Narasimha R.(India), Kiya M.(Japan), Cui EJ(China), Sato H (Japan) and representatives from Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Iran and Sri Lanka, who has ever sponsored ACFM.The first four persons are members of the Award subcommittee.
Item 7: The sub-committee agree to use the name of Zhou, Sato, Narasimha to entitle the award. The presentation is necessary to enhance the influence of the Award.
Present award committee members:
Li JC (China), Viswanath PR(India), Fukunishi Y (Japan), Sung JH(Korea), Narasimha R.(India), Kiya M.(Japan), Cui EJ(China), Sato H (Japan) and representatives from Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Iran and Sri Lanka, who has ever sponsored ACFM.
The first four persons are members of the Award subcommittee.